Are you at a risk of Heart Attack!!
Hello my dear friends, today I m back with an interesting article about the risk of heart attack. In this article I’m going to discuss some facts about coronary heart disease.
The risk factors are categorized into 3 parts.
- Major risk factor: These factors significantly increases the risk of heart attack.
- Modifiable risk factor: These are those factors which can be modified, treated or controlled through modification or lifestyle change.
- Contributing risk factor: These factors are associated with the increased risk of cardiovascular disease but their prevalence haven’t been determined yet.
Lets discuss each and every risk factor in detail.
MAJOR RISK FACTORS THAT CANT BE CHANGED:
- Increasing age : Now see when we are talking about the age , no one can control that. The majority of people who die due to coronary heart disease are 65 in age or older than that.
- Male gender: It is seen that men have a greater risk of coronary disease and they have attacks earlier in life than the women .
MAJOR RISK FACTOR THAT YOU CAN TREAT OR CONTROL:
The risk factor that can be treated or control are come under this category like controlling high blood cholesterol, tobacco smoke etc.
- TOBACCO SMOKE: As compare to non smoker the risk of developing a coronary disease in smokers is more. Since cigarette smoking is a powerful independent risk factor for sudden cardiac death. Exposure to other people’s smoke increase the risk of heart disease even for non smoker too.
- HIGH LEVEL BLOOD CHOLESTEROL:
As your blood cholesterol rises the risk of heart attack also rises. A person cholesterol level is also affected by age , sex, heredity and diet. So we have to take a diet which have low cholesterol content.
Your total cholesterol score is calculated by the following equation
TOTAL CHOLESTEROL=HDL(HIGH DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN)+LDL(LOW DENSITY LIPOPROTEIN)+
20% OF YOUR TRIGLYCERIDE LEVEL.
# High density lipoprotein(HDL): It is also known as good cholesterol, higher level are typically better. Low HDL puts you at a risk of heart attack. Peple who have high blood triglycerides generally have low HDL cholesterol. Genetic factor, Being over weight, type 2 diabetes and smoking can all result in lower HDL level.
# Low density lipoprotein(LDL): A low LDL level is consider good for your heart health, lifestyle factors like high intake of saturated and trans fats can lead to raise in LDL cholesterol.
# Triglycerides : It is the type of fat in our body which is most common, when it combines with low HDL cholesterol or high LDL cholesterol can cause atherosclerosis , which is the buildup of fatty deposit inside artery walls that can increase the risk of heart stroke.
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
Another major cause of heart attack is the high blood pressure, actually what happens to our heart due to high blood pressure our heart muscle thicken and stiffer. This stiffing of heart muscle is not normal and cause heart to function abnormally. It also increases risk of heart stroke and kidney failure.
In our coming days article we will get to know about how to cure all these problem, so stay tunned guys.
Have a great day!!!